Her crying grew louder, in the confined room.
“Hush,” soothed Otro. “Why are you so gloom?”
“My head is heavy, my heart is weak, and if I might say so, my life is bleak.”
“Nada my friend, come see the stars tonight, they are sparkling and shining, and oh so bright.”
“I cannot dear Otro, It will be no use
I can’t be made happy, I can’t take abuse.”
“Why don’t you rest, you’ve had a hard day, come, lay on your pillow, and dream life away.”
“To dream is a pleasure, but not reality.
Oh why Otro, why must you torture me?”
“Listen, my Nada, can you hear what is near?
A bird by the window, it is calling you my dear.”
“I hear no bird. Why do you play such games?
Even if it was, it all turns out the same.”
“Oh precious one, why can you not see?
Life is meant to be lived, and this is not how to be.”
“Otro, Otro, if only you could know
My life is done, full of misery and woe.”
“My child my child, your life is not done,
There is still much to learn, more wars to be won.”
“But how Otro? I’m tired and I’m sick
Of all the things lost, I’m afraid I must quit.”
“My dear, dear child, do not say such things,
For if it were so, I would not be.”
“What do you mean? How is that so?
If I am not here, oh, where would you go?”
“My dear Nada, don’t you see?
I am a part of you, and you are a part of me.
Do not fret, oh Nada, I will never depart,
And when your weary self needs me, I will be in your heart.”
No comments:
Post a Comment